- Start Date: asap
- Location: South West
- Salary: to c£35K plus benefits
Basic to £35K, car/benefits negotiable
We are seeking a waste industry experienced Site Operations Manager on behalf of a successful, growing South West based business.
Reporting to the Site Manager you will be responsible for the day-to-day management of materials recycling and waste transfer activities, leading a site based team of supervisors and operators. The site operates 5-days per week and processes general mixed and construction / demolition waste using a combination of automated and manual sorting. Key priorities will include:
- Leading and managing the team ensuring the site runs safely and efficiently and that recycling is maximised
- Planning and organising work and dealing with basic day-to-day HR issues
- Overseeing the inspection and maintenance of site infrastructure and plant
- EA and Health & Safety compliance including maintenance of training records
- Weighbridge work, including associated Gatehouse software
- Proven experience as a team leader, supervisor or first line manager
- Previous experience in waste management / recycling /process operations is essential e.g. Transfer Station, Composting, MBT, Landfill, Waste Treatment Plant, MRF (Materials Recycling Facility), scrap metal, FM (Facilities Management) contract or similar
- Knowledge of Waste Permits
- Good practical IT skills
- Some mobile fixed plant experience and mechanical aptitude would be desirable
- Desirable but not essential: relevant WAMITAB Certificate of Technical Competence (COTC) and / or IOSH / NEBOSH qualification
Our client is a successful, expanding recycling and waste management business with in-house collection, processing, and disposal capability. They have a well-established presence in the Region and strong ambition for future growth.
SELECT Ref_No,Position,Start_Date,Location,Salary,Email,Consultant_Name,Type,Job_Id,Category_1,Category_2,Category_3,Category_4,Note_1,Note_2,Note_3,Note_4,Note_5,Note_6,Note_7,Note_8,Note_9,Note_10,Note_11,Note_12,Note_13,Note_14,Note_15,Note_16,Note_17,Note_18,Note_19,Note_20,jDetails FROM WWWJOB WHERE Job_Id <> '' AND Job_Id = 'rhj101a141'