- Start Date: asap
- Location: South Midlands
- Salary: to c£60K + bonus & benefits
To c£60,000 plus bonus and benefits
A highly respected leader in the design, construction, and operation of process plants used in recycling and to generate green energy have a strong pipeline of new build projects to deliver and are building their core team with several key appointments.
As the senior mechanical engineering specialist for the business, you will play a central role overseeing the adaptation of the company’s technology and the development of mechanical equipment and systems to meet the requirements of future projects. You should have a broad range of experience of all stages of a typical EPC project, from conceptual studies to design, procurement, installation and commissioning and a proven track record of working on projects of varying sizes.
- Prepare Functional Specifications for major equipment, review supplier / vendor proposals and documentation, and co-ordination with various other disciplines for data inputs; main areas of responsibility include CHP, boilers, hydraulics, compressors, fans and blowers, piping design, mixers and stirrers
- Ensure all Mechanical Equipment conforms to all applicable codes and standards as well as specifications and client requirements
- Prepare and issue schedules, procedures, calculations, data sheets, requisitions in accordance with project requirements
- Participate in all project safety and design / HAZOP / HAZID & constructability reviews as necessary
- Participate in Equipment procurement activities such as witness of inspection and Testing;
- Provide technical support to maintenance and operation teams, carry out trouble shooting, resolving technical problems and failure investigation
- Co-ordinate with equipment suppliers to resolve issues in plant design, manufacturing, shipment, installation and commissioning
- Degree qualified in a relevant engineering discipline (Mechanical Engineering preferred)
- Breadth of mechanical engineering skills
- Familiar with common engineering practices such as hand-calculations, mathematical simulations and Computer Aided Engineering (CAE) tools
- Previous roles may include Mechanical Engineer, Intermediate Mechanical Engineer, Senior Mechanical Engineer, Mechanical Project Engineer, Mechanical Design Engineer or similar
- Proven track record working in an EPC project and a multi-discipline team environment
- Experience of participation in HAZOP/ HAZID/ SIL Rating workshops
- Experience dealing with independent certification bodies, mechanical equipment suppliers / vendors
- Proven ability to manage costs; and demonstrable commercial awareness.
- Full UK driving licence, prepared for occasional overseas travel
Prospects for career development in this growing, entrepreneurial business are excellent.
SELECT Ref_No,Position,Start_Date,Location,Salary,Email,Consultant_Name,Type,Job_Id,Category_1,Category_2,Category_3,Category_4,Note_1,Note_2,Note_3,Note_4,Note_5,Note_6,Note_7,Note_8,Note_9,Note_10,Note_11,Note_12,Note_13,Note_14,Note_15,Note_16,Note_17,Note_18,Note_19,Note_20,jDetails FROM WWWJOB WHERE Job_Id <> '' AND Job_Id = 'rhj480a179'