- Start Date: asap
- Location: South Midlands
- Salary: to c£55K plus car & benefits
To c£55,000 plus bonus, car allowance, pension & private healthcare
A highly respected leader in the design, construction, and operation of process plants used in recycling and to generate green energy have a strong pipeline of new build projects to deliver and are building their core team with several key appointments.
As Planning Engineer, you will be responsible for generating detailed project execution plans for design, procurement, installation and commissioning of process plants to assist project management in identifying the most economic and timely methods, sequences, disciplines and critical tasks. This will include:
- Estimating timescales, man hours and cost information for in-house engineering disciplines and information supplied by contractors, sub-contractors and suppliers.
- Establishing project baselines against which project progress will be monitored
- Monitoring day-to-day work progress for projects; collating the appropriate information from the project teams and subcontractors and accurately reflecting progress on the project plan
- Identifying slippages, delays as well as any other project risks; quantifying them in terms of schedule, manhours and/or cost impact, and communicating this clearly to the Project Manager for upward reporting.
- Honours degree or similar in an Engineering discipline
- Proven related experience
- Strong working knowledge in computer-aided planning software such as Primavera P6.
- Project management certification or qualification desirable (e.g. Prince 2, APM, PMP)
- Good understanding of planning for the design, installation and project management of process plant and systems
- Previous roles may include: Planner, Lead Planner, Project Controls Engineer, Project Controller, Project Planner, Assistant Planner or similar
- Proven ability to manage costs; and demonstrable commercial awareness.
- Health, safety and environmental awareness
- Experienced in all Microsoft Office programs including Excel, Word, Visio & PowerPoint.
- Full UK driving licence; prepared for some overseas travel as required
Prospects for career development in this growing, entrepreneurial business are excellent.
SELECT Ref_No,Position,Start_Date,Location,Salary,Email,Consultant_Name,Type,Job_Id,Category_1,Category_2,Category_3,Category_4,Note_1,Note_2,Note_3,Note_4,Note_5,Note_6,Note_7,Note_8,Note_9,Note_10,Note_11,Note_12,Note_13,Note_14,Note_15,Note_16,Note_17,Note_18,Note_19,Note_20,jDetails FROM WWWJOB WHERE Job_Id <> '' AND Job_Id = 'rhj528a176'