- Start Date: asap
- Location: Manchester
- Salary: basic to c£28,000 + benefits
In this head office-based role with a leading provider of waste analysis, treatment and disposal services, you will handle a range of waste disposal enquiries from customers, providing them with a safe, effective means of disposing of both hazardous and non-hazardous materials.
Key responsibilities of the Technical Assessment Chemist will include:
- Reviewing and accurately assessing wastes according to current and future guidance and legislation
- Liaising with internal and external laboratories where sample analysis is required.
- Identifying, classifying and labelling waste materials and assisting customers to identify the correct EWC Codes
- Processing data from various types of lab reports on liquid and solid wastes, including WAC tests and MSDS’s.
- Applying EPR Permit conditions and Waste Acceptance Criteria as required
- Processing all necessary documentation for transfers and ensuring that all the correct relevant paperwork is in place at the pre-acceptance stage
- Arranging for the collection and analysis of samples when required.
- HND / Degree in Chemistry or a related discipline
- Some knowledge of the current non-hazardous and hazardous waste regulations essential; previous experience in waste management, wastewater treatment, chemical manufacturing, effluent treatment, laboratory services or similar would be of interest
- Previous roles may include Site Chemist, Hazpak Chemist, Waste Transfer Station Chemist, Waste / Water Treatment Chemist, Bench Chemist etc
- Knowledge of WM3 and ability to apply it to classify waste is essential
- A good understanding of ADR regulations and the ability to classify waste for transport would be desirable
- Competent in the use of IT
- Able to deal with customers competently and effectively
SELECT Ref_No,Position,Start_Date,Location,Salary,Email,Consultant_Name,Type,Job_Id,Category_1,Category_2,Category_3,Category_4,Note_1,Note_2,Note_3,Note_4,Note_5,Note_6,Note_7,Note_8,Note_9,Note_10,Note_11,Note_12,Note_13,Note_14,Note_15,Note_16,Note_17,Note_18,Note_19,Note_20,jDetails FROM WWWJOB WHERE Job_Id <> '' AND Job_Id = 'rhj885a159'